Happy birthday to us!
Our first post was on December 1, 2011 and we are now one year old!
In the last year, Pass it to the Left has:
- Posted 113 articles!
- Featured 55 different contributors!
- Included submissions from all over Canada, including British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, and Quebec, and all over the World, including the US, France, England, Zambia, Guatemala, and Burma!
- Posted articles on important topics including the tar sands and proposed oil pipelines; cuts to environmental protections; First Nations issues; Western/Middle East relations; international development; the Bhopal disaster; sustainable fashion; the cancellation of Katimavik; Quebec’s student protests; Human Rights; feminism; gentrification; refugee protections; democracy, and our collective future as a society (among other things…)!!
- Posted articles on global and local issues, including those affecting Afghanistan, Iran, the US, Laos, Mexico, India, the Congo, Nigeria, Haiti, Guatemala and Palestine!
- Posted articles on other important human topics including love, food, friendship, family, solidarity, music and art!
- Featured in our ‘Artist Series’ 12 different artists, sculptors, illustrators, singers, bands, musicians, rappers, music video producers, DJ’s, and galleries!
- Had over 30,000 visitors to the site, from more than 70 different countries!
- Created an amazing network of intelligent, passionate young people!
We hope you will treat Pass it to the Left as your own, continue to contribute your amazing ideas and stories, and share it with your friends! Thank you!
Sincerely, your lovely Admins, Sarah & Tracy